Strengths and Challenges 2022
St. David’s Episcopal Church, Bean Blossom, Indiana
- We are a passionate, outreach-driven, and community-minded parish that strives to be a blessing to our local community and to those in need.
- We are a spiritually diverse parish that prides ourselves in radical acceptance, hospitality, and inclusivity, seeking to meet people wherever they may be on their spiritual journey without imposition or judgment.
- We are faithful stewards of our time, our talents, and our treasures, driven by a desire to not only help serve others, but also to strengthen the spiritual bond among ourselves and others within our community.
- We are an energetic, creative, and mystical-minded group with a strong sense of humor, and we use these gifts to be a source of light unto others and to exhibit the love of God.
- We must learn to foster transparent communication in our small parish so we can support effective interaction and functioning, and guard against miscommunication.
- We must continue to be mindful to set and honor boundaries, with particular emphasis on building trust and respect between our congregation and our priest.
- We must continue to be intentional in healing from past abandonment and broken relationships and allow ourselves to continue to work through our differences through meaningful communication, to assure that we can develop a positive and trusting relationship with our new leader without interference from wounds of the past.